What is Landscape Management Apprenticeship?
A Department of Labor Registered Program that provides career pathways where individuals can earn and learn at the same time!
What Are the Benefits of Becoming a Landscape Management Apprentice?
- Hands-on career training provided by an experienced mentor with additional classroom-style online training offered at no charge.
- A strong education and the potential to earn college credit paid for by your employer.
- Access to a successful long-term career with a competitive salary, and little or no educational debt.
- A paycheck from day one, guaranteed to increase as you master new skills.
- A certification you can take anywhere in the United States, opening doors for relocation.
What Do Landscape Management Apprentices Do?
They create and maintain beautiful outdoor spaces where people live, work, and play! More specifically they study to be landscape professionals trained to:
- Care for lawns using a variety of products and tools
- Plant, cultivate and maintain flowers, shrubs, and trees
- Read, analyze and measure blueprints and job sites
- Manage irrigation systems and low voltage lighting systems
- Install and care for pavers and other hardscape materials
What Does it take to Become a Landscape Management Apprentice?
Landscaping apprenticeships are reserved for those who enjoy the outdoors and like working with their hands. They are for those who relish working as part of a team, those who take pride in seeing a project completed and those who aren’t afraid of hard work or rolling up their sleeves to get a job done. They are for men and women who don’t want to stay in the same job for the rest of their working lives – but rather, those who want to learn a craft that leads to management and possibly executive leadership.
In addition, to participate in the apprenticeship program, you must...
- Be 16 years old or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have reliable transportation
- Be physically able to perform the work
- Apply for the apprenticeship directly to the employer
What is the Career Outlook for Landscape Management Apprentices?
Excellent! The landscape industry is growing; in fact, there are 300,000 job vacancies annually. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts the industry will grow faster than the average of all occupations through 2026. The industry offers job stability, career advancement, and competitive pay. And of course, apprentices receive paid on-the-job training.
How Do I Get Started?
If you are ready to start your future as a Landscape Management Apprentice, contact NALP to find a sponsoring company, or talk with a landscape professional in your area.
Ready to jumpstart your future? Contact NALP to find a sponsoring company, or talk with a landscape professional in your area.
What Do Landscape Professionals Do?
Learn more about careers in the landscape industry.
Testimonials from the Field
Learn why landscape professionals love what they do.